Friday, June 29, 2012

Project Inspire: 5 Minutes to Change the World

I teamed up with Simmons College Head Coach Kristen Rasmussen in Project Inspire’s 5 Minutes to Change the World Contest (http://www.5minutestochangetheworld.org/). Project Inspire is holding holds its second annual contest offering 18-35 year olds a 5-minute platform to pitch their inspired idea to the
world.

Our Video Pitch:


Our Idea:

The Doc Wayne Athletic League, Inc. (www.docwayne.org) seeks to train and certify Nigerian women in its therapeutic life skills curriculum, do the good, thus preparing them for employment in the African Basketball Organization (ABO) (www.africanbasketball.org). With the increase of female coaches in ABO camps, we aim to bolster camp participation and the accessibility of role models to girls.

Our Inspiration:

What is your personal source of inspiration? Becky-Doc Wayne GM
A group of severely abused, neglected, and traumatized girls changed my views of life and sport. After hearing their stories, seeing both their triumphs and struggles, and being invited into their world they transformed my goals in life and became my inspiration. To my team, sport was a gift, it freed them from reality and made them strong and powerful women. Nearly nothing was as valuable in their lives as the team. Being trained as a do the good coach I felt equipped and skilled to make sport a meaningful experience where life skills were the focus. I take inspiration from them to train female coaches and create opportunities for girls to be empowered through sport across the globe.

What is your personal source of inspiration? Kristen-Head Basketball Coach Simmons College
I want to use my talents to make the world a more equal, peaceful and safe place for all people. As a woman, athlete and coach I dream of a better world for women one day. My family inspires me to do my best and have an impact on those who surround me daily.
do the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment